2. The company is registered as a data controller in accordance with United Kingdom Data Protection Act 1998. We will process any personal information we collect about you in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
3. Information you submit via this website or the apps is stored on a system managed in the United Kingdom. Information submitted by you may be transferred to our other offices which are situated outside the UK, but will only be used for the purposes outlined in this policy and in accordance with our data security guidelines.
4. If you have any requests concerning your personal information, or wish to make any amendment to your personal information, or have any queries with regard to our practices, please let us know by using the Contact Us form on the website, or by writing to us at the address in section 9 below.
5. Information we collect from you.
5.1 We collect personal information from you at registration and other times (for instance, when you update your registration details) such as your name, email address, postal address and telephone number.
5.2 You are under no obligation to provide us with such information. However, if you choose to withhold requested information, we may not be able to provide you with the service or respond effectively to you.
5.3 We may process personal information collected via the website and apps for the purposes of:
providing you with the Locpin service, or
conducting market consultation exercises, or
providing you with information about products and services offered by the company and its associates.
5.4 We may send you information by email or post about the company’s products and services that may be of interest to you. This information will only come from us and only if you have indicated that you wish to receive this information in your registration.
6. Disclosure of personal information.
6.1 We will never disclose your personal information to any third parties other than those that you specify through your use of the Privicy function in the website and app, or those within the Locpin group of companies.
6.2 We may use information in aggregate form, so that no individual user is identified, to:
a. build up marketing profiles, or
b. aid strategic development, or
c. manage our relationship with advertisers, or
d. audit usage of the site.
6.3 We reserve the right to disclose personal information if required to do so by law or if we believe that it is necessary to do so to protect and defend the rights, property or personal safety of the company or our customers.
8. Your acceptance of this policy.
8.1 By using our service, you consent to the collection and use of your information by the company and to this principles set out in this policy. If we change this policy, we will publish the changes and if the change affects the use of your personal information, then we will use our best endeavours to contact you by email.
8.2 You have a legal right to a copy of any personal information about you that is held by us. You also have a right to correct any errors in that information, and to request that we cease to use your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
8.3 The company shall not be responsible for any failure to adhere to this policy. Whilst we use all reasonable endeavours to protect your privacy in the manner described above, data transmission over the Internet and the World Wide Web cannot be guaranteed as secure and you use the service at your own risk.
8.4 The company may reasonably vary this policy from time to time and will notify you of those changes.
8.5 The service is owned and operated by Locpin Ltd, 5 North Street, Hailsham, East Sussex, BN27 1DQ, England. Locpin Ltd is a company limited by guarantee and registered in England and Wales, company number 8042338, VAT registration number 169314787.